Friday, March 20, 2009

UPDATE FROM HANGZHOU, CHINA

Well, its now mid-March and the weather has finally started to change from miserably wet and cold to wet and warm, sometimes hot. Hangzhou summers can get very very hot and humid which will make the walk or ride to work fairly miserably but fortunately my apartment to work is fairly close.

We are now a year from the grand opening of our new mall and ice arena. Busy working like crazy to get everything in order, and in place at the right time.

I am also working on 3 other projects at the same time, and all are big rinks in luxury shopping malls. All have the same name, World Ice Arena, with the city name tacked onto the end.

I am off to Nanning, in southern China, not far from Vietnam, next week for a 3 day visit to meet the people on our project and learn more about the city. Need to get a feel for how this new rink will go over once we commit to spend 5 million USD on the rink.

My little dog Kita is just fine. She is looked after by a young guy who works for me full time keeping the house in order, cooking and looking after Kita. Kita gets to go outside 3 or 4 times in a day to run around and play. Soon I can take her on my bike for rides as I've ordered a special frontpack for her that allows her to be where I can see her while riding. I have both a racing bike and an electric scooter (like a Vespa only no emissions).

Most people ride their bikes over to Westlake which is the number one tourist attraction in Hangzhou and is listed by China as one of the 10 most popular destinations in the country. You look at my photos and you'll see why. Lots of young Chinese come here to get engaged as the lakeside is very romantic.

Today my team and I will go to have middle eastern food. Their first time so I am hoping its reasonably good quality.

My email address here is tedhangzhou@gmail.com. My youtube channel where I keep most of my video's is www.youtube.com/user/tedshenzhen so go take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment