Friday, February 27, 2009

A VERY YOUNG FRIEND


My 10 years spent in New York City were some of the best of my life. I made so many friends and we all suffered together with little money, small apartments, roommates to help pay the rent and yet we all somehow managed to have a really wonderful life. One of those is John Simone. He was a flight attendant when I met him, I think with United, then did other things later on. Now he is an associate department chair at Fashion Institute of Technology, one of THE great schools in New York City. Maybe a little grey around the edges, but still has that same sense of humor, no, better sense of humor that I still remember. We've recently been in contact after silence for nearly 28 years. Feels like I've gone a full circle. Just want to share this great guy with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment